Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jet Runway Cafe

Thursday, March 30 my mom, Collin and I tried Jet Runway Cafe.

 Entrance
 Not at all what you are expecting when you are driving down 21st- or when you are walking up from the parking lot: modern and classy.
 Dining Room
This place is hoppin' with the local business folk and airport workers and people from the neighborhood who know where its at!  When we arrived we were quoted a 15-20 min wait. We only waited about 10 which was great because my kiddo is a mover and a shaker and was in need of the restraint of a highchair and the comfort of his lunchtime bottle.

 Runway, right outside the window.

Atmosphere:
Again, not at all what you are expecting.  The decor is simple, modern and fun. The runway is literally right outside the door.  We saw helicopters and small jets passing by out the huge windows.  Service was excellent! Quick and friendly, can't ask for more.

 Collin enjoying his bottle. 

 My meal: Breakfast Burger & Fries
I decided to try this burger which is bacon, egg, and cheese on a beef patty. It was enormous and I ate the whole thing.  I've never had breakfast  on a burger before, tasty goodness! The fries were very good also. They are coated with crispiness, which I like, because I love crispy.

My mom's lunch: Silver Lining Salad & Tomato Bisque
I stole a bite of the soup before my mom had a chance to touch her plate- absolutely divine! It was rich, flavorful and smooth. I will definitely be ordering this soup next time to get a bowl of my own. I didn't get a chance to try the salad since I got busy on my burger, but my mom really enjoyed it, and yes, she ate the entire thing :)

Grand total:$21.20 Not complaining.  

I was turned onto this restaurant by happenstance.  PBS was on my TV the night before and Check Please! was on.  I had never seen the show before, but being an avid Food Network watcher and lover of shows such as Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and The Best I Ever Ate,  I was transfixed! I loved the thought of being able to actually visit the featured restaurants because they are all local to south Florida.

Jet Runway Cafe
5540 NW 21st Terrace, Fort Lauderdale 33069


Monday-Friday 7:30-3:00
Saturday 7:30-2:00
Facebook Fan Page 
www.jetrunwaycafe.com

1 comment:

  1. I love this place! Will, Rock and I go pretty often, and I've been ordering lunch there since they opened (they plastered the nearby office buildings with menus). It really is great!

    Also try the grilled cheese and bisque combo, and they do a FANTASTIC hamburger.

    ReplyDelete