Sunday, April 10, 2011

Texas Hold 'Em BBQ

I visited Texas Hold 'Em BBQ- wow, over a week ago now, Friday, April 1 for lunch, a late lunch, at around 2pm.  It's on the corner where Sunrise and Federal meet.  There was a guy out in the median holding a sign for BBQ and I looked over my shoulder and saw the sign for the restaurant. "TEXAS BBQ!" I thought, "I'm going to get me some brisket!"

So, I ordered the 6oz brisket meal with macaroni & cheese and french fries, it came with corn bread and I had the sauce put on the side.  I usually can't stand BBQ sauce, but I didn't mind this one. I still wouldn't slather my meat in it, but it was tasty to dip a corner in and enjoy.  The brisket itself was...ok.  It was dry and not very flavorful.  I was pretty disappointed.  The macaroni was a disgusting, greesy, delicious mess.  At the bottom of the cup I found it was actually floating in greese and decided I didn't need to eat all of it.  The fries were limp.  The cornbread was ho-hum.  An over all disappointment. Even the Coke was a little off. 
Grand total: $15.32  plus tip.  Grumble, grumble, grumble. 

I think they'd do well to have a lunch menu with lunch prices.  I spent about $20 on a blah LUNCH.  Had it been dinner, I still would have been disappointed but not quite so much. 

Atmosphere
I think the restaurant is relatively new, or under new management.  The staff was very friendly and acomadating, but it didn't make up for the food being lack luster.  They had the front doors wide open and it was getting pretty stuffy in there by the time I left.  The decor is pretty simple. Mossy green walls and "county" things here and there.  Not overly, in your face, Texas or poker themed. 


Maybe I'm just not the biggest BBQ fan. I don't feel the need to go there ever again, or mention it to or recommend it to anybody. I usually think that most places are at least worth a try. Not the case with this place.  But just in case...

Texas Hold 'Em BBQ
texasholdembbq.com 
21 SW 7 Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
954-523-3227
M-F 11-9
S&S 12-9 

No comments:

Post a Comment