Monday, March 21, 2011

5 Guys

Today I visited 5 Guys around 1:00pm at their Harbor Shops location.

Menu
Their menu is a simple one: Burgers, hot dogs, french fries and Coke products for your sipping pleasure.
All the toppings you could want on your burger are free of charge, though they are standard backyard bbq toppings, nothing fancy... like chili.  However, you do have the option of traditional french fries, or ones tossed in Cajun seasoning.

I ordered
A cheese burger (dos patties), 2 sides of A-1 sauce, and a small order of Cajun fries.


The Breakdown
Burger- Juicy, delicious, definitely needs the two patties because they are rather small individually.
Cajun Fries- Fresh cut, farmed specifically to be cut into 5 Guys fries and fried in peanut oil. They are tasty. The Cajun spices add a delightful heat that is tasty without being overwhelming.  I prefer a crispier fry myself, but these are yummy regardless of lack of crisp. Let me also make you aware that a family of 4 could easily enjoy a small size order of fries at this establishment.  You get a small size cup filled over flowing with fries +PLUS+ there is an extra scoop at the bottom of the paper bag that your food comes in that is equal in size. 

Grand total of $8.36

Atmosphere
This place is extremely casual.  I believe they only have 2 registers, so it gets a little slow at lunch time but any more registers and the kitchen would get bogged down. I get it. I like the open kitchen. I can see everything they are doing and know there is nothing hinky going on. There is no spit on my burger or hairs in my fries. Comforting. There are large boxes of peanuts that you can help yourself to. I'm not a fan of shells being dumped on the floor (circa roadhouse grill, which is completely out of business... probably because they were too dirty to stay open), but they keep it relatively well swept.


5 Guys is definitely a crave-able place. Tasty fresh food, reasonably priced, in a reasonable amount of time.

New location to open at Cypress Station soon. Very excited since this is much closer to my residence than any of their other locations. Which is good because I won't have to drive to Timbuktu when I get hankering for 5 Guys. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE 5 Guys...craving it now actually. Try their BBQ sauce on a burger...it's killer!

    ReplyDelete