Friday, March 25, 2011

Rendez-Vous

 Rendez-Vous is a French bistro East on Oakland Park Boulevard.  I visited there today for the first time with my mother and baby. 

Atmosphere
This place is adorable!  The inside is quaint and has French feeling art and random items on shelves.  There is also patio seating where you can bring your pup to dine with you if you're so inclined.  I wish I had a picture of the patio, it's really nice. The staff here is very nice, outgoing, and attentive.


Theses are the brass plaques on the bathroom doors to indicate men's and women's. 
Hilarious, I thought!
 I ordered the small Caesar salad
 and the French onion soup.
My mom got the tomato bisque.

Breakdown
Salad- delicious croutons, decently green, all around a good salad.
French onion soup- FABULOUS! The broth was very rich and flavorful and was topped with tasty cheese and, of course, had some of those delicious croutons floating around under the cheese.
Tomato bisque- I tasted it. It was yummy but had a little grainy texture to it, but other than that it too was rich and tasty.

Grand total: $16.96
The salad was a decent deal at $5. The soups however were $6 each. While they were quite tasty there wasn't a lot there to eat. It was a cup, not a bowl size portion and for the price I expected about double the amount we got.

End of the day
Worth a try.


Rendez-Vous Bakery
1576 E Oakland Park Boulevard
Between NE 15th & NE 16th Ave
(954) 563-2228

No comments:

Post a Comment