Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jack's Old Fashion Hamburgers


I'm really not sure there needs to be much explanation. It's Jack's. If your from Fort Lauderdale, you know.  
I ordered the 1/3 cheese burger and fries done crispy.  I drank water.

The breakdown
Burger: Moist, juicy, delicious, beefy goodness.  White American cheese at it's finest moment.  Topped with an inexcusable amount of salt and pepper, because I like it that way.
Fries: Not going to lie... they're just fries. But they are Jack's fries. They are a perfect compliment to the burger really.
Grand total:$6.55

Atmosphere
The ambiance at Jack's leaves MUCH to be desired.  They semi-recently got rid of all the old tables that had high-schooler initial engravings all over them and upgraded to extremely lacqured ones.  If the place is going to be stuck in the 70's why not keep the graffiti-ed up tables. Nostalgia.  Seriously, the place hasn't had an upgrade since they day they opened- at either location (except for the bathrooms- Praise the good Lord Jesus!).  At least the food is always good and everything is generally very clean.

If you've never tried the roast beef sandwich, I encourage you to do so.  That will be a future post for sure.  It's delicious.  Another menu item you may not frequent due to the superb tastiness of the burgers- the chili. Don't bother ordering a chili cheeseburger though- get the bowl and dip your cheese burger in it.  Do it right or don't do it at all :O)

Jack's Old Fashion Hamburgers
(954) 565-9960
4201 N Federal Hwy
Oakland Park, FL 33308
&
591 South Cypress Road,
Pompano Beach 
(954) 942-2844

1 comment:

  1. The removal of those tables makes me so sad, and also makes me feel very old...thanks for honoring my request! I am craving Jack's even more now!

    ReplyDelete